Website design common mistakes
- Website’s lack of focus and purpose.
- Too much information per page.
- Disorganised information.
- No notification on time required for downloading files.
- Overuse of colours and gimmicks (e.g. animated gif).
- Lack of consistency: pages don’t look like they belong to the same website.
- Reduced readability because of lack of contrast between background and text.
- Backgrounds too bright, dark or busy.
Links lead to unpredictable pages or websites.
- Too many clicks to action links such as order form, contact us.