Having your own domain will…
- Project a professional image and level the playing field with large organisations.
- Distinguish yourself from competitors with a unique identity.
- Build branding (recognition).
- Attract traffic to your site. By using keywords in your domain name, search engines are more likely to retrieve your website in their search results.
- Save money on stationery. No need to reprint business cards and letterheads when you change Internet Service Provider. Your internet address remains the same.
- Increase your credibility with your own address email@example.com instead of using a free email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a fixed address. If you move premises, your customers can contact you by email or look on your website to find out where you have physically relocated.
- Show your autonomy. Your domain name is not linked to a third party’s name e.g. yourname@ISPname.com.au.
- Attract sponsors or partners with your credible unique domain name.
- Have the ability to organise your correspondence with an alias e.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
That’s good value for less than $40 a year!
Please note: You may even become addicted and register several domain names. One for each of your products or services!